The Africa-China Reporting Project (ACRP), hosted at the Journalism Department of the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, aims to improve the quality of reporting on Africa-China issues by providing facilitation and capacity building for journalists via reporting grants, workshops and other opportunities. The ACRP facilitates journalists to investigate complex dynamics and uncover untold stories, with an emphasis on on-the-ground impact and perspectives to illustrate how the lives of the people of Africa are changing amid the comprehensive phenomenon of Africa-China interactions.
Visit the How to apply for a grant page for guidelines on how to apply for reporting grants, or see Opportunities for journalists to keep up to date with all the ACRP’s new opportunities for journalists such a workshops and calls for applications. See Published features for the latest Africa-China journalism supported by the ACRP.
The ACRP’s online training and dissemination partner is The China Africa Project (CAP) by Eric Olander and Cobus van Staden. CAP is a multimedia resource dedicated to exploring every aspect of China’s growing engagement with Africa.
The ACRP’s dedicated journalism training website is located at https://www.africachinatraining.com/.
For any upcoming webinars please see https://africachinareporting.co.za/category/webinars/
The Africa-China Reporting Project is funded by the Ford Foundation.
Please find the Africa-China Reporting Project on the following platforms:
Wits Journalism Department
12th Floor University Corner
Barry van Wyk
011 717 4692
Assistant Project Coordinator:
011 717 4965
- Chinese-Cameroonian car factory venture fiasco: Botched scam or consequence of corruption?
- WATCH: Africa-China Journalism Forum at AIJC 2020WATCH: Africa-China Journalism Forum at AIJC 2020
- Breaking the encirclement: The story of Chinese pharmaceuticals in Ghana
- Drifting in West Africa: Chinese distant water fishing in Africa
- Why the next tech superstars like Alibaba and Jack Ma could come from Africa (Alibaba eFounders Fellowship)