Dear Wits Centre of Journalism students,
Welcome to the 2023 academic year. We wish you a productive and successful year at the WCJ.
All classes commence on 21 February or during that week. Please check the timetable for specific days and times. All classes are in-person.
* NOTE TO CAREER-ENTRY HONOURS STUDENTS – you are now able to take part in the Financial Journalism course, taking place every Monday in the first semester from 4 – 6pm.
TIMETABLE: Please visit https://wits.journalism.co.za/timetable/ for specific class times.
ACADEMIC OFFICER: Please contact our academic coordinator, Zimbili Zulu, email@example.com for registration matters.
RECEPTION: Access to the WCJ is through the reception on the 10th floor of the University Corner building. Andrea Gumede – firstname.lastname@example.org – is our receptionist. The reception telephone number is 011 717 4028.
STUDENT CARDS: All registered students of the WCJ MUST have a valid student card to access the Centre. Please get your card at the ICAM office on the ground floor of Solomon Mahlangu House.
PROGRAMME COORDINATORS: Please contact programme coordinators for course information.
- Career-entry honours: Lizeka Mda – email@example.com
- Mid-career honours: Enoch Sithole – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mid-career masters: Enoch Sithole – email@example.com
- PhD: Lesley Cowling – Lesley Cowling – firstname.lastname@example.org
READING MATERIAL: There are no prescribed books in any of the programmes offered by the WCJ. Reading material and suggested reading lists will be handed out in class or via Ulwazi. If you require additional assistance, please reach out to your programme coordinators.
ULWAZI – COURSE INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION: All course information and communication will be done via the Ulwazi learning management system – https://ulwazi.wits.ac.za/. Please ensure that you access the courses sites before classes start. For Ulwazi troubleshooting, email Zimbili Zulu.
Dinesh Balliah, acting director, WCJ.