Boikaego Dolphus Seadira
Lecturer, Development Communication
Boikaego Dolphus Seadira is the DevCom lecturer in the department of Wits Journalism and Media. The Development Communication is a Programme which examines new ways of interacting with journalists, as well as utilising social media platforms, speeches and publications to directly involve people in development their initiatives.
Prior coming to Wits, Boikaego Dolphus Seadira was a tutor at the University of South Africa (UNISA). He was also engaged in community radio’s content development and broadcasting, strategic marketing and community outreach programmes at Mahikeng Fm in the North West.
Boikaego provided consulting services to:
- Government Communication and Information System on ICTs for rural development in
the North West,
- the North West University Vaal campus radio and
- the Central University of Technology campus radio.
- He translated annual reports for the North West Provincial government’s Social Development.
- He also chaired an NPO focusing on ICTs and for rural development which was borne out of his Masters
Despite teaching and coordinating the DevCom Programme, Boikaego is working on his PhD
with the NWU; his thesis is focusing on Broadband Policy and Regulation.
PhD, Communications, In progress
Master of Arts, Development Communication and New Media, 2012